nick@nickroseguitars.com

April 4, 2008

My intention

I am a jewellery designer in my fifth year of studying. I am currently doing a batchelors degree of technology in Jewellery design and manufacture. At the same time I am doing some part time work for David Batchelor Jewellery Design. I am gaining great experience and sharpening my skills working for David Batchelor. For my degree I am researching modern materials and techniques. This has lead me down some interesting paths. Trying to find materials not commonly used in jewellery and more often used in industrial processes and heavy industry, and basically any "high tech" medium. I have worked in titanium, steel, poly carbonate, carbon fiber, kevlar, gilding metal, mokume' gane, as well as the standard precious metals like gold, silver and platinum. I have also used techniques like laser and water jet cutting and CNC milling. I am currently using computer components, and electrical circuits in my work.
I am exploring man as a machine, and how we have become reliant on technology for our civilizations survival

No comments: