nick@nickroseguitars.com

June 20, 2008

Micro Expo

This Tuesday we had to put up a small expo at tec. It was very helpful to lay my work out and see what i had in the way of work. I also got some great ideas of the end of year expo, such as the use of the PC board pattern as an aesthetic, like i have used it here. The patterns in the four ground of the photo, are actually the internal workings of a keyboard. Each dot relates to a key on the computer keyboard. An idea that I had, was to print the patter on the wall of the gallery where i have my exhibition. Perhaps in ink that can only be seen under UV light. Then I could have a UV light scrolling across the wall, illuminating the hidden pattern. I would like to do this as an instillation, and turn the display into the final piece of the collection.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What are you going to do with the PC board/screen on the right? Just curious. Dig the bracelets...Very historical-looking, if that makes sense...They look as though they have been weathered for centuries, and are surprisingly smooth to the touch