nick@nickroseguitars.com

June 16, 2008

Computer Fan Belt

This is the computer case fan that i chose to use. It is a clear fan, with four electric blue LED's built in.
I wanted to make a cover plate for the fan, to protect the fan, (and your fingers)
The PC board pattern, seemed like the obvious option for a pattern. I decided to cut the cover on the Roland CNC machiene, as I would get a perfect finnish. Unfortunately the first time that I tried to cut it, I used thin pollycarbonate instead of perspex. That was a mistake because after six or so hours of cutting, the pollycarbonate heated from the friction, to the ixtent that it melted. I than recut it in perspex. Perspex has a slightly higher melting point than pollycarbonate, so I had no trouble with it melting.



























No comments: