nick@nickroseguitars.com

August 13, 2009

SACM!

Wow it's been a busy couple of months! I haven't had much time to myself, let alone time to give to my 2 followers. So hopefully I can make up for that today. I have taken a temporary position as the technician of the Jewellery Department at the Durban University of Technology, where I was a student for the past 5 years. So my time has been fulled up with ordering, repairing and looking after students. Ive got allot of the major stuff sorted, and the systems that I've put into place seem to be working. So hopefully I will have a bit more time to blog an do some of my own work.
In February I was fortunate enough to be selected to display my work at the Design Indaba in Cape Town. During the Indaba I met a journalist named Rodain Joubert (who hopefully isn't too bumbed that I'm only putting this up now) from South African Computer Magazine, or SACM, as its known. Rodain asked me if he could do an interview for the magazine, and he wrote this
awesome article on technology in art entitled "Move Over Mona Lisa"





Thank you Rodain Joubert and the guys at SACM for the great article and the publicity that all us South African artists are looking for.

1 comment:

Michelle Pujol said...

Well done nick! I'm glad to see your publications are increasing...even without your manager...lol.
Now whats next?