nick@nickroseguitars.com

September 11, 2008

Link to Platinum Switch Brooch Video

I've done It! After much resezrch, tests, trials, and allot of burnt out SMD's. Ive finally mannaged to make a working example of my switch computer key brooch. I mannaged to get an electronic latching switch from a safety band, that runners and cyclists wear at night. The switch has three positions; on, off, and flashing. So now when you press the key into the frame, you have those options. This is something that ive been working on for some time now, and to have it finally working is great. This model I made for the Anglo Plat compoitition. The entire visible part is platinum, weighing 10.4grams.
The next task is to find out how to reproduce the switch, as cutting up safety bands is going to start getting heavy on my pocket, and quite wastefull, wich is an isue that i am trying to address by recycling computer components to make jewellery.

No comments: